Welcome to Lady K's Cyber Studio!

My name is Karen and I love the bling! I love the challenge of working with affordable materials. I especially like repurposing forgotten pieces of costume jewelry and giving them life in a new design. Its just the right thing to do. Here in my cyber studio is where I will share my techniques and creative inspirations with you.

Lady K's Jewelry Designs

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Garden Trellis Necklace

I found a wonderful old casting that I repurposed into a new design. Here is how it looked before I started:










I painted the flowers with alcohol inks and then sprayed a sealer to hold the colors. I then got busy gluing lots of rhinestones and added more porcelain flowers. Pink and purple were my focus colors. I layered the trellis piece onto a filigree finding. I then created a multistrand necklace with rosary and base metal chain. Here's my new design:



No comments: