Welcome to Lady K's Cyber Studio!

My name is Karen and I love the bling! I love the challenge of working with affordable materials. I especially like repurposing forgotten pieces of costume jewelry and giving them life in a new design. Its just the right thing to do. Here in my cyber studio is where I will share my techniques and creative inspirations with you.

Lady K's Jewelry Designs

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pretty in Pink



I just got a box of good old jewelry junk and repurposed 3 bracelets with new life. The first one had pretty but plain enameling with beautiful spring colors of pink, purple, slate and yellow.


I also acquired a lot of old thermoset moonglow pieces in wonderful colors that I thought would work well with this bracelet building on the enamel base pieces. Coro and Trifari used thermoset a lot back in the 50's and 60's in their jewelry designs. I just love the rich colors and spread the pieces around the bracelet like a paint box and started building the design. I applied E-6000 glue with a craft stick. Use the glue sparingly because we don't want it to show in the design.







I finished off the design by accenting with beautiful fuscia flat back Swarovski crystals.







No comments: