Welcome to Lady K's Cyber Studio!

My name is Karen and I love the bling! I love the challenge of working with affordable materials. I especially like repurposing forgotten pieces of costume jewelry and giving them life in a new design. Its just the right thing to do. Here in my cyber studio is where I will share my techniques and creative inspirations with you.

Lady K's Jewelry Designs

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Repurposed Fire Opal Stretch Bracelet


This stretch bracelet was missing stones and the elastic too was decaying.

I separated the pieces and knew I had the perfect Japanese vintage glass fire opals that would fit perfectly where the missing stones once sat. I soaked the pieces in acetone to loosen the old glue. Some of the stones were pretty stubborn but I got them out with the help of a dental pic. If you are on good terms with your dentist he/she might give you some of their old instruments which are great for glue in jewelry work.

I glued my fire opals with E-6000 and than accented with Zircon Swarovski flat backs. I ththen restrung the components with Precosia crystal beads connecting each piece.






No comments: